Friday, August 1, 2008

Valkyrie Rider Outfit












Thanks to the addition of the last two pieces of the Valkyrie rider outfit, my Valkyrie costume is now complete! Well, except for the sword, that is! I am still in search of a Valkyrie sword but the wardrobe is finished. The outfit consists of a pair of boots (marked Grin Stunt), two gauntlets, the bodice/corset, skirt, and the helmet. This particular helmet has wardrobe tape inside that says "Xena," so might have been used by Lucy or a stuntie, or as a backup for Lucy. Generally a main hero piece has the actor's name, not necessarily the character name, but that is not always the case. I would guess this was for Xena's riding stuntie Bex. I also have the wardrobe hangers for the Grinhilda stunt. I have included the ring in this post since it was a significant part of the trilogy. Lovely outfit!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa! crazy.

- T

www.MostEmailedNews.com

Anonymous said...

oooh, I so want one like that!!!

DeirdreMH said...

Hi - noticed your entry (and amazing costume) while seeking a picture from the show of the Valkyrie sword I'm about to put on ebay. In case you haven't found one yet, I'm posting the auction today. Just search for Xena Valkyrie sword. Best, Deeder

AmandaVphotog said...

Hello,

Wow. Great pieces! I came upon your blog accidently... I'm actually selling a Valkyrie sword on ebay... :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150795989914#ht_500wt_1413